Every vehicle requires a catalytic converter to take the harmful gases that our vehicles emit and convert them into less harmful gases before they are released into the air. A failing catalytic converter is typically the cause of a failed vehicle omissions test because it is necessary to protecting our environment and our passengers from harmful gases.
If a catalytic converter is failing, it is important to have it repaired as soon as possible because it can be extremely harmful to you and your passengers and begin to cause problems to the engine. The following are symptoms of a bad catalytic converter:
- Engine misfires
- A lack in engine or vehicle performance
- Loss of power during acceleration
- Thick/dark smoke coming from exhaust
- Vehicle fails emissions test
- Smell of rotten eggs while driving
- Check engine warning light has turned on
- Decreased fuel efficiency
As soon as you notice any of the symptoms listed above, give us a call or stop by German Motors. We will help repair your catalytic converter and ensure that you get back on the road safely.